5.27.2012

Embu

Today we went to the city of Embu.  It is known as an artsy-fartsy place, with a vibrant Sunday artist market.  It was a beautiful day, and we saw some interesting things.  Chip and I plan to go back and buy a dining table at some point--a big souvenir of our time in Brazil, if you will.

The boys and a "robot":


Will & Quinn, sharing a drink in their Festa Junina hats
(stay tuned for Festa Junina pics--we have Festa at their schools on June 16 and June 23):


From the car--a favela in Sao Paulo:


From the car--I think I always take these sorts of photos when we move to a new city and first leave town on a daytrip.

Will was quite intrigued by the scary clowns this lady was selling on the side of the road:

A shrine to the Virgin Mary in a park near our house:

The entry to our condos:

Our building.  All 1" white tiles and what a lovely blue sky:




No comments: