12.04.2013

Quinn's 3rd grade class has been studying Greece all year.  Thereby, their class play was Theseus and the Minotaur.  Here are some photos from the occasion:
(I don't know why some of them turned sideways.  I tried to fix that, but oh well.  Turn your heads.)
It was Thanksgiving Day.  The play was followed by the school's annual Thanksgiving dinner.  The feathers of the turkey have things the kids are thankful for written on them.  Will's says "Mom, Dad, Lego".
Some beauty shots of the costumes Quinn's personal seamstress made.
The helmet we bought (because they sell roman helms here!)  I removed the Roman visor, painted it to match the armor, painted the crest.  Then the crest was too matte, so I put on a layer of clear glue to give a little shine.  The armor is cardboard, and duct tape, and tissue paper.  The shield is the lid to a cheap plastic container and a plastic bowl.  The greaves are "upholstered" soccer shinguards.
 




Theseus and his mother

ACTING!


Proposing to Ariadne....but later he also marries Phedra (on left) but that part was left out of the script.


Quinn did an excellent job!  Last year, he had 2 lines.  This year he was the lead.  The class worked on the play for months, and the end result was really, really good.


No comments: