8.10.2008

Olym-Pics: August 10

Here are some odd photos from Women's Gymnastics. We've been having too much fun with the "sport" setting on my camera! Today's seats weren't as good as yesterday's for picture taking, though.I got these tickets over a year ago, and we had no idea that we would be seeing both the USA Mens and Womens teams. Pretty exciting having someone to focus on and cheer for!

We also ran into a journalist--perhaps attracted to us by Chip's American Flag cape, perhaps by the cute baby asleep on my shoulder. It was Anthony Lane of the New Yorker. I was happy to be able to tell him that I'm a huge fan of his magazine. He was surprised that I live overseas and read it regularily, and agreed that it must be overwhelming to get 3-4 issues in the mail at once. I praised their recent China articles, and he said he'd pass on to Peter Hessler (River Town author) that I liked his Driving in Beijing article when they got together tonight for drinks.

No comments: